The DEWALT DEW7491RS is a jobsite table saw that is made for quick setups and easy breakdown and it promises good stability regardless of the task, which is important both for home users and professional contractors as well.
The DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-inch jobsite table saw comes with a higher rip capacity (32- inch rip) and is set to cut easily through larger shelving and trim materials: however it has a patented material support that allows the saw to be used for narrower rip cuts. The DWE7491RS table saw also features a rack and pinion fence system for quick and accurate assembly.
DEWALT is a major player in the manufacturing of industrial tools and accessories, and the company has an extensive service and repair network across North America. DEWALT manufactures saws, drills, generators, saw blades, hammers, routers, plate joiners, compressors, masonry drill bits, and a lot more. All tools and accessories are accessible both nationally and internationally through official dealers.
Features and evaluation
The complete unit includes a 15 amp motor that easily rips through tough hardwood, and a flip-over ripping fence makes it possible to cut through very narrow rips. Also, users can cut through 3- 1/8 inch depth at a 90° angle and 2- ¼ inch at 45°. Manufacturers included a 2-inch dust collection port that connects to a vacuum for convenient dust extraction, ensuring a clean work area.
For portability, the telescoping fence rail extends when in use, and retracts nicely to make a small portable package. The accompanying rolling stand comes with excellent stability, and it features big heavy duty wheels that can roll over large curbs, steps, and jobsite debris. It’s made easy to set up and breakdown and the 26- ¼ inch X 22 inch table is good for providing material support.
The unit also features an onboard storage system designed to provide quick access to the push stick and components in the site-pro guard when not in use.
What’s in the box?
- Jobsite Table Saw
- Rolling stand
- Push stick
- 10-inch 24-tooth carbide blade
- Miter gauge
- Hardwood floor installers – ripping floor boards
- Trim carpenters: ripping and cross cutting, wainscoting, ripping moldings, ripping framing lumber
- Cabinet installers – ripping floor boards
- Remodelers – ripping framing lumber (4 feet X 8 feet sheet material)
- Rolling stand: It’s easy to set up and breakdown and it adds to stability.
- 32- ° inch rip capacity can cut through a variety of larger trim and shelving materials.
- Upgrades: This model comes with significant upgrades compared with the previously successful 744/745 series saws, one of which is a 4,800 rpm no-load blade speed (a significant boost from the previous 3,850 rpm). Other notable upgrades include the slightly larger dust port and a much-improved rolling stand system.
- Might ship with slanted table top: this will yield inaccurate cuts. It doesn’t affect all the products but it is a reported problem on the manufacturer’s part, and parts can be replaced easily through official dealers.
- Quality control: although not a major issue, some products have been shipped with notable scratches and finish on the saw.
- Rather costly: it is a highly rated brand but also one of the most expensive in the market – for a portable table saw.
When compared to other big names (Bosch and the like) the vast majority of users find DEWALT to be the more appealing brand. In terms of the features, the DWE7491RS covers all the main areas and presents a powerful package wrapped in a rather small and compact device. However a few challenges in application (inaccurate lines due to tilted table top) and some of the more obvious quality control issues such as scratched top or paint finish on the saw – all these can make it easy to detract from the main facts.
The DWE7491RS is a powerful and durable portable saw with easy application for home lobbyists, sizing materials, ripping and cross cutting, framing lumber, etc. A few drawbacks on the part of the manufacturer haven’t cancelled it out as one of the most reliable portable saws on the market.